Monday, August 23, 2010

A Sick Day turns into research day

Today is day 8 of this darn cold. I went to work for a few hours this morning and continued to feel worse, so Clinton brought me all the way home. I must have looked as bad or worse as how I felt when he said you look like I need to take you home. If you know him, you know he would not hesitate to mention how it would waste gas to take me 26 miles home and then 26 miles for him to return to work. He didn't say a word about that.

Anyways, we are really leaning towards cloth diapering. What else is there to do when you feel like crap, but don't want to sleep for fear of not sleeping at night? Research!! I spent WAY to much time today researching diapers. After dinner tonight, I showed Clinton what I found. His first response, those aren't cute. What? Since when do diapers needs to be cute. I'm concerned about functionality. Sure I would like some cute covers, but not every diaper must be cute.

I would like to have a stash of 12-24 newborn diapers and then 24-36 one size diapers. The one size diapers are advertised to work for 10 pounds up to 35 pounds. Most cloth diaper mommas don't recommend the one size until over 12 pounds.

The kissaluvs are a possibility for the newborn.

* Diapers snap on and off--no folding, no pins, no diapering gymnastics!
* Diapers arrive with the umbilical area already snapped down. The snap-down
stays in place through subsequent washings ... no special folding or snapping
required each time you change a diaper.
* After the cord stump heals, simply unsnap the snap-down and use the top row of
snaps as baby grows.

(The not so cute ones)

(picture from kissaluvs.com)






We will most likely use Fuzzi Bunz for the one size. (The look he prefers)





On another note, I'm going to the doctors in the morning. I will try and take a picture tomorrow night.

P.S. Only 8 more days until the first day of my 3rd trimester!!

No comments:

Post a Comment