Saturday, November 20, 2010

38 week appointment update

Luke passed his bio-physical profile. The physician that we were scheduled to see ended up going to an emergency C section, so we saw one of the others. The physician that we saw, was the one that wanted to induce at 37 weeks. I was NOT looking forward to seeing her.

She came in said everything looked good, but we needed to schedule a date to get this boy out. Clinton and I had agreed that we would be honest with her and told her we really hoped to attend Clinton's grandmothers funeral on Monday. When I replied to her with this statement, she asked could she check me and strip my membranes if I was dilated at all. I agreed. I had heard horror stories about how bad it hurt. I didn't think it hurt. Some pressure like a pap, but nothing that made me want to scream or cry.

As we were walking towards checkout, the physician says, I hope you have to cancel your appointment next week because you have a baby in your arms. Sounds great, but I did laugh.

Stripping the membranes is not guaranteed to do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment